Who we are:
The Friends of Conquest Hospital CIO are a registered Charity, registration number 1183652.
If you have a question about how your personal information is used, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us The Friends of Conquest Hospital, Conquest Hospital Shop, The Ridge, St Leonard’s on Sea, East Sussex TN37 7RD.
We collect personal information about you:
When you fill in a form on our website, www.conquestfriends.co.uk or contact us via phone or email to become a Friend of Conquest Hospital.
When visitors leave comments on our site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
What personal information do we hold about you?
We normally ask you to provide us with:
- Your name
- Your contact details including your address, phone number and email address
- Details of how you would like us to contact you.
Our legal basis for using your personal information
- Fulfilling your membership contract: The information we collect from you is necessary to allow us to fulfil our contract and communicate the information you need to fully enjoy your period of membership, such as providing you with membership events and meetings to which you are entitled to attend.
- Consent to contact you: When you become a member of The Friends of Conquest Hospital you are asked to give your consent for us, to contact you about the Friends of Conquest Hospital By opting in you are giving your permission for us to process your data using ‘consent’ as our legal basis. If you have given consent to our use of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time.
How we use your personal information
We use the personal information you provide to:
handle the administration of your membership,alert you about members meeting, advise you of renewal dates and to tell you about our latest news and events.
Sharing your personal information
We respect your privacy and will not share, sell or lease your personal information. The information you provide us may only be accessed by our Committee Members for The Friends of Conquest Hospital purposes.
Where we use trusted suppliers to help us deliver our service to you, we allow the supplier concerned limited access to the personal data they need to provide their service.
All personal information sent to our trusted suppliers is transferred securely and they are not allowed to use your information for their own business purposes.
Your rights regarding our use of your personal information
You have the following rights:
- To know that your data is being processed
- To access your personal data
- To have your information corrected if inaccurate
- To request that your data be erased
Accessing your Data
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. We will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity within 30 days of receipt of your request. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com, or write to us, The Friends of Conquest Hospital, Conquest Hospital Shop, The Ridge, St Leonard’s on Sea, East Sussex TN37 7RD.
Unless you specify otherwise we will provide your information electronically.
How we keep your personal information up-to-date
You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you.
We keep your information accurate as follows:
- By giving you the opportunity at any time to contact us to correct or change your information
- We may ask you to confirm certain details annually should you renew your membership
- When we receive undelivered mail or email we will update our records accordingly.
How we keep your personal information safe
We use administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure the information we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
By using our website and/or membership services, you acknowledge and agree that, except to the extent required by the Data Protection laws, we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data.
How long we keep your personal information
We will retain your information for the period of your membership and we will automatically erase it when your membership expires and you do not renew.
If you leave a comment on our website that comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What to do if you have a complaint about our use of your personal information
If you have a complaint about the information we hold or how we use that information, please contact our Committee by email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us The Friends of Conquest Hospital, Conquest Hospital Shop, The Ridge, St Leonard’s on Sea, East Sussex TN37 7RD. The committee will deal with your request promptly. If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Friends Online Shop
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our Shop team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example — payment gateways
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.